Paying Support Staff during Closure

I know that teachers should be paid during school closures according to the BB but can't find anything in the GB which also confirms this.  I believe it would be unfair to pay teachers and not support but need some advice please.  Also if schools are closed for months would the  expectation be to still pay both for the duration.

I am going to be inundated tomorrow so need to understand what we should be doing so appreciate some advice.

Many thanks

• Hi Sharon, do you have access to get LGA updates? I think they’ve been giving advice to local authority employers on all of this so there will likely be some follow up to the announcement re school closures.
  • Paragraph 10.9 of GB may cover this, also be thinking about working from home or given some children will still have to be schooled (on EHC plans or vulnerable) you may still need certain staff to come in.
  • In reply to Emma:

Thanks Emma, I have been scanning the GB and couldn't find the information so appreciate you pointing me to 10.9. So it seems support staff are eligible for pay during closure due to infectious diseases.

Our problem will be, as you say, that the school are going to have to provide support (which I am so pleased that the vulnerable children will be looked after during these difficult time) but it's who will be asked to remain in school.
    Difficult times ahead.