Manging mental health with CIPD Level 5 Organisational L&D Apprenticeship

I've been studying my Lvl 5 L&D Consultant course with a provider called cHRysos since May 2022. I decided to go through the apprenticeship route as it was the better decision to help me out financially. I've since then managed to complete all assignment modules through blood, sweat and tears, and I'm now just into my EPA - eek! 

During the classes / module stages I have studied alongside other apprentices and students just doing the qualification. Qualification students have just finished their studies, but us apprentices still have more to go. Now, I'm just going into a 5-month stint to complete a work-based project plus pulling together a report for this with a presentation and professional discussion and this feels like the most high pressure piece of the course yet! Feeling very overwhelmed and wishing I never did the course in the first place. Studying alongside a full-time job honestly feels impossible some times. 

I also find it ironic that whilst studying L&D at level 5 there is a lot of emphasis in our teachings to make learning more inclusive and explore and adapt to different learning styles etc. yet the way this course is taught still feels quite rigid. I am not strong academically which has meant I often sought out extra support OR gave-up more time to complete assignments.

I'm sorry this is more of a rant than anything else, but I hope I'm not alone in feeling this way. If anyone can share any tips, resources or ways to help manage your mental wellbeing during the EPA section of CIPD Apprenticeships I'd be so grateful as I'm just finding it so hard.

• Hi Tiegan,
    I cant completely relate as I'm not doing what you are doing, I'm studying my L5 with ICS whilst working.
    I do however understand how studying can affect your mental health, particularly whilst working alongside of it.
    Its a huge amount of pressure and I have felt the weight of my studies every day.
    As I say, our situations are slightly different, but Ive only just found a way to manage this pressure (After a good 18 months and being forced to buckle up because I have a baby due end of April and HAVE to get this it done before then haha !).
    Ive given myself time lines to work to, used some of my working day (my employer is supportive) to facilitate my studies and given my self clear breaks of a weekend. I have set a time line based upon each unit. So for example, I have 1 assignment due that has 15 parts, I've told myself i will write 1 part every day and submit by the end of this month, once i have done that 1 part, i switch my brain off to it. If i don't get it done, the guilt really starts to creep in.
    I think managing the time i spend studying and really giving myself an 'off' period, is the only way to manage things.
    Again, I know we are not in the same situation but you sound like you are doing fantastically, you have accomplished so much already and just think ,once you are done, you are going to feel the biggest weight being lifted and a serious sense of achievement ! Hang on in there