Grivance process data

Morning all, I am on my EPA of my level 5 HR Apprenticeship and for my project I am looking a grievance process for my company. Initially I need to look at external benchmark data. Could you let me know how long the grievance process is in your company based one tour procedure/policy? I appreciate your help!!
  • How long is a piece of string? I literally resolved a grievance today in under 24 hours. But I've seen others go on for a year or more without being properly resolved. A grievance process should, in principle, be only as long as it needs to be to achieve a resolution that complies with the law.

Some things can reasonably have some timescales attached to them. For example, it shouldn't take more than two weeks for an initial response to a grievance. But when you get into things like investigations, the best you can say is things like "an investigation should normally take no more than two months to complete but in complex cases may require longer for a full understanding of the facts".