HR roles

Hi all, Currently enrolled on L5 Associate Diploma in People Management. I have worked in retail management for the last 16 years and decided to make the switch into HR. Although I have a lot of transferable skills I’m struggling to get jobs in the HR function. Any suggestions or advise please. Thank you
  • Welcome to HR

This is probably one of the most frequently asked questions here so if you use the search function you will find load of really helpful suggestions and hints. Its tough but some people do transition successfully

ie

www.cipd.co.uk/.../search

And also the CIPD do a good series of helpful webinars

Breaking into the people profession, 11 January 2021 | CIPD

• That’s brilliant Keith. Thank you.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

25 Mar, 2021 19:15

Welcome to the Community, Botah.
  • Thanks Steve
  • Welcome to the community Botah! There are lots of things here to consider. Working in retail gives you a whole host of transferrable skills- why not consider a career working for a CIPD provider? You would need to know everything about the qualification, but still able to manage teams in a sales setting. You can also use your Level 5 knowledge to manage a team successfully. You don't need a straightforward HR role to utilize your CIPD qualification. If you love retail as much as I do, working for a CIPD approved provider is a great option. Just some food for thought. In my experience, going for a role in HR will mean starting form the bottom and working your way up. Good luck!