Route for entering HR for fresh graduates...

Hello everyone. I am doing my Level 7 in HRM from London. My course will end on september 2020. As I don’t have any past work experience. But after completeing my course I want to start my career in HR in UK. So I am looking for some tips and advices on how to land in HR career. Secondly I want to do SAP certification in HR. So anyone has any idea that how much SAP HR certification add value in your career? And any suggestions for preparation of SAP course. Thanks.

• Hi
    Can I asked why you have chosen SAP over other HRIS systems? There are many different options out there and I wouldn't personally say SAP is the most commonly used. In any case, be a bit careful about where you train - I previously looked at the website for what seems to be a major provider of SAP training and their English language use was appalling, and that makes me think they aren't a professional outfit.

There are lots of threads here with advice on getting that first HR job. You will face a challenge having a very high level qualification with no work experience - HR is very driven by experience as well as qualifications. Take a look around some of the other threads for specific advice on this.
  • I do not think an accreditation in SAP will greatly aid your entry into HR. Its unlikely many people will be looking to hire a new graduate straight into a major SAP project or where great in depth experience is required.

There are lots of threads on here around getting your first job in HR and I would recommend reading those over investing in another course. Your prime objective should be work experience asap.
  • Thanks for you advice. I choose SAP because I thought it is the most common HRIS systems but thanks for your opinion I will review other HRIS systems.
  • Thanks Keith for your advice. I want to work as a voluntary in HR of any company to gain some practical experience during my studies. Do you have any idea how to approach these companies for voluntary work in London ? And do they really allow to work as a voluntry to gain experience ?