Legislative requirements of HR

Can anyone suggest in which country it is a law that any corporation (Public or Private) should have a senior HR person. It means that the company cannot be incorporated or work if it does not have a position of a senior HR person on the board of the company. 

• Hi Umer
    With nearly 40 years of international HR experience I cannot recall coming across any country having this legislative requirement - although in several countries (including the UK) corporate goverance rules call for an individual on the board (or equivalent governing ) to be identified as having personal civil responsibilities for H&S.....

Interested to see if anyone else has come across this

• In reply to Ray:

Thanks Ray for your reply. In fact i prepared a paper for HR professionals in Paksitan....where we wanted to get together and work in this. This is because we have seen a lot of changes and soft skill development programs and also best practice sharing, but still there is not talk on this legislation. I would appreciate if we can get any assistance from CIPD and its members in this regard.
  • In reply to Umer Bhutta Chartered MCIPD:

What do you hope making this a legislative requirement will actually achieve? And how do you define a "Senior HR " person - is it someone who holds that title (could be anyone) or someone who is qualified? And if qualified to what level and what extent?

I think the devil would be in the detail and the key is getting all members of the SMT/Board to recognize the advantages of proactive engaging people approached rather than having a sole legally defined figure.

A required HR bod with no support would be a very lonely figure I would imagine.