Returning after Maternity leave - how to get improve my skills

I have recently returned from maternity leave. I have not been able to keep up with changes in the HR world as much as I would like and now I am back in my previous HR administration role I want to keep my skills and CPD updated so I can carry on progressing.

I have Level 3 CIPD and would look to do Level 5 but i am not sure that I am ready for it just yet. What CPD could I do to improve my knowledge and skills and how should I record it? Or should I start by looking at the updated CIPD profession Map? I need guidance as to how to get started and what to do next.

• Hi Michelle, welcome to the communities and well done for making it back to the workplace. While you wait for any answers from other members you may like to peruse the career section of this website as there are some specific resources to help members in the same position as you. There used to be an opportunity to speak to a representative from Penna (I think) but not sure if this is still available. Either way, this link will provide tons of stuff to get you off the starting blocks: www.cipd.co.uk/.../career
    Good luck. :-)