Upgrading to fellow membership

I am looking to hire a consultant to assist me with my CIPD fellowship application.  I would prefer someone with fellow membership and track record of helping individuals obtain their fellowship.

Plesae can anyone provide some recommendations?

Thanks

• Nicola

Welcome to the communities

When I upgraded there was certainly no need to waste money on hiring a consultant to help me fill in the forms and provide the evidence. It was a relatively straight forward process and I struggle to see what a consultant would add to this.

But if you do think you need help then most local CIPD branches have membership advisers who will be able to help you free of charge !

Keith
  • Hi Nicola. Welcome to the Community.

I think you will find that the expectation when applying for Fellowship is for the work, including presentation, to be your own. It is, after all, a recognition of "our" competence and capability, not that of a third-party

We are, after all, required to present forceful argument for good practice to our general management peers in our work, and the argument for our upgrade is at least friendly and constructive :-)

Having recently seen through a colleague's (successful) progress to upgrade, I believe all the necessary guidance is supplied and advice given if needed.

...and you will enjoy the sense of personal achievement the first time you sign yourself off with that "Chartered FCIPD" suffix all the more if you know it really has been "all your own work".

Peter Cunningham. Chartered FCIPD CHSM DipM