Senior career development support?

Hi

We see a lot of discussion here about starting an HR career, or undertaking professional qualifications.  I wondered if there was any support or advice available, either through the CIPD or further afield that you can recommend, for those who have passed this stage but are still wishing to progress?

Apologies if I've missed something obvious but I don't think I did!

Thank you

Annabel

• Personally, I think the best avenue would be to get a Mentor. I know the CIPD offer a scheme but it's limited in availability. So might be worth exploring your network for a suitable candidate
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

9 Jun, 2022 16:22

Hi Annabel

Here's a selection of CIPD resources that might be helpful. (*please note we're doing a bit of website maintenance work so some of our login areas may be temporarily affected, back to normal on Monday 13 June.)

Career Hub - although this contains a lot of tools and advice for more junior level members, there's also a range of e-learning resources for those at management level, including a learning path on 'Evolving as a leader'. www.cipd.co.uk/.../career-hub

Learning Hub - this can be used to assess your knowledge, find where there may be gaps, and develop a learning plan to help address those gaps. www.cipd.co.uk/.../learning-hub

Mentoring - providing members with the opportunity to build mentoring/ coaching & communication skills. Mentors often find they also learn a lot form their mentees, often showing them a new way of thinking about certain topics or issues. Steps Ahead Mentoring are always looking for new mentors. www.cipd.co.uk/.../steps-ahead

Many of our branches also offer member to member mentoring, members can find out more and register to become a mentor here - www.cipd.co.uk/.../member-to-member

Your Future Your Career workshop delivered by LHH - free, full-day workshop aimed at CIPD members who are professional middle managers looking for employment. Our next one isn't until 29 November, however if interest is high enough we could look into bringing this forward. Members can register their interest by contacting jess.haslam@cipd.co.uk

• In reply to Johanna:

Thanks Keith and Johanna