In-tray exercise for Assistant HR Adviser interview - not sure what to expect

Hello

I have been invited for an interview for the position of Assistant HR Adviser with a local council and it says that I will be required to complete a 20 minute in-tray exercise.   I am not sure what to expect with an in-tray exercise and I wondered if anyone could please give me any pointers/advice/guidance?

Thank you in advance,

Vicky

• Hi Vicky, I usually set in tray exercises for our HR interviews. All companies are different, but ours consist of anonymous employee relation queries. The purpose of the exercise is so we can assess how the candidate would deal with a typical day to day query in the role. Good luck!!
  • Hi Vicky, I usually set in tray exercises for our HR interviews. All companies are different, but ours consist of anonymous employee relation queries. The purpose of the exercise is so we can assess how the candidate would deal with a typical day to day query in the role. Good luck!!
  • My guess is something like you have 10 emails, how do you prioritise them and what is your reasoning.

Good luck with the interview.
  • In reply to Steven :

Thank you
  • In reply to Yetty:

Thank you Yetty