Contributing/Shaping/Building to a Network for Women in my organisation

Im looking to help develop our network for Women in my organisation. Im not an official sponsor, and I don't work in our Head Office where this network has originated from. I am out in the field along with other women in our business, and wanting to re-energise this for our area. But I'm not sure where to start, and who to ask to help to do this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great :) 

• Hi Emma,

You might want to take a look at "Workplace"- its an online collaborative platform supported by Facebook, designed to encourage internal dialogue and communication. It's relatively new but I know of a few of the larger organisations who are running it with some good feedback so far.

Good luck with setting up the network, sounds like a great idea. May I ask why you are setting it up just for women?
  • Hi Emma,

Have you heard of Lean In? It sounds exactly like what you're looking for. They have heaps of resources and support. Check them out on leanin.org and Facebook.
  • I second Lean In and also would direct you to places like the Fawcett Society, Pregnant & Screwed, Brene Brown to name a few - might not be directly relevant but interesting and may lead you down the right rabbit hole.
  • In reply to Ginnie:

Thankyou for your thoughts
    We have various different networks in my organisation and this is just one to help women specifically connect and develop into senior positions
  • In reply to Melissa:

Loving the lean in videos Thankyou!
  • In reply to Emma:

Personally (and generally not just in this example) I would be trying to talk to the sponsors / owners of the initiative in HQ and get their buy in. Whilst it can work it rarely helps to go off at tangents with well meaning but separate and new angles regionally - you are as likely to upset the Sponsor as gain any traction. Its working with the sponsor to push the things they are trying to do first that will probably have the most pay back