How to get very first HR admin role?

Hello everyone

For over a year now I am seeking opportunities as a HR administrator. Despite CIPD level 3 qualification and quite solid employment background I seem to struggle to land even an interview.

Perhaps there is something I am doing wrong or something I am not doing at all.

Please allow me to give a little of background about myself.

I work for same company since 2009 as a warehouse operative. In 2015 a opportunity presented as my company was looking for a person who would like to become initially a spokesperson for employees and looking after H&S aspects on site. Over time that role evolved tremendously and I was being involved in much more. For example providing training and induction to new employees, assisting managers in disciplinary, carry out drug & alcohol testing, conducting investigations as well as being first point of contact for all employee queries whether they had an issue or simply wanted to be explained how company policy work on certain matters. All this was later topped up with CIPD certificate which was quite easy and straightforward for me to achieve as a result of my additional spokesperson duties.

The only thing I did not really touched upon was recruitment, as there is simply not much opportunities in my workplace. So this could be the major issue I believe.

Perhaps I could get a word of advice of what my next step should be. I am quite open for recruitment voluntary work, but where I could find one or what other types of job I could apply for with my experience?

Thank you for help.

Martin