Best place to start

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can offer me some assistance. 

Due to complete my CIPD Level 5 Human Resources in July and wanting to start looking for a position in HR. But where is the best place to start?

I have been a General Manager for a Jewellery Store for the past 15 years, where my role includes HR in a general term hence why I wanted to this course. My intensions where to stay in my role but there has been a shift in Directors and I'm really not happy with how my staff and myself are being treated. So I feel that I have had to make the decision to start looking else where.

If you have any tips I would be most grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Jo

• Hi Jo-Ann
    I moved from Hotel Management into HR, it did take me a while to get a post but I got there. I would advise that you make sure your CV really highlights all the HR issues you have covered over the years as management. I submitted my CV to a couple of local recruitment agencies trailed all the job sites and was prepared to take on temp position.
    Be prepared to start at HR Admin level even if its only for a short time. I had to take quite a substantial reduction in pay for my first post in HR but what I gained in experience it was def worth it.
    Good Luck
    T
  • In reply to Tracey:

Hi Tracey
    Thank you for the information. I have already sent my cv out to a few companies to gain feedback on my cv but to also hopefully get an interview, just to get me back in the saddle.
    Thanks again
    Jo