HR Tech Rabbit Hole?

Hi, 

I started my career in HR in 2010 after working for some financial companies doing payroll and benefits and working for a recruitment firm. I spent 3 years being a HR Manager abroad, and have landed in a niche of HR Tech & Data in the UK, and find this interesting, but not as fulfilling as my more operational roles. I have gone from being a HR manager, to HR Systems & projects and am now a HR data Architect, I feel like I am being pushed down a rabbit hole! I have a skills assessment booked and hope to gain fCIPD. 

I really want to become a HRD one day, what changes would you try and make?

Thanks!

• - Hi Lauren
    The danger of many niche activities is that they can quickly become one-way streets.
    If you want to broaden your horizon, make it clear to your boss that you want to move into another more generalist/operational role within a clear timeframe. Demonstrate how you would train up someone else to take your place, and sell your generalist skills as a plus for the company. Make it clear also that you are determined to make this career change, that you would prefer to do it inside the company, but that if no opportunities can be agreed you will have to look outside.