Development into a HR Advisor Role

I’ve recently completed my MSc Strategic Human Resource Management qualification with my level 7 CIPD. I have been working in HR in a public sector organisation for nearly a year and a half, and I’ve been performing really well. I’ve had praise from a lot of senior managers across the organisation of which I’ve supported and the HR manager said to me in my appraisal that I was the best hire she’d ever made. Although a lot of my work is administrative, I also do a lot of advisory work particularly around resourcing but also in absence management too. I know I’m capable of working as a HR advisor and would like to progress, but after interviewing for a development opportunity in a wellbeing role and not getting it, and not even being shortlisted for interview for some HR advisors roles within the department (but different team) in favour of more experienced external candidates, I’m feeling quite deflated. I’ve asked what I can do in terms of development and I pick up that work, I do (what I feel) to be above what most colleagues on the same level as me do. All I get in return is always positive feedback when I’ve done anything. Has anyone got any advice whose been in a similar position?