Which branch? Where I work or where I live?

I live near Kingston upon Thames and work in Reading, approximately 40 miles apart. 

For attending morning networking and business breakfasts, and evening receptions and seminars, does it naturally make more sense to get involved in the branch of the county or region you work in, as opposed to where you actually reside?

The HR for me is in Berkshire but my local area in which there is no HR for me is Greater London.  

Any thoughts on this in terms of joining and participation in a branch?  

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

24 Jun, 2019 22:30

Hi Andre... as a CIPD member you can attend events that fit in with your work/home routine.

ps I edited your discussion title to make it shorter... but I hope keep the meaning!

• Why don’t you try and get along to sone events from both. Ideal networking opportunity and a really important part of any job search campaign.
  • It depends. Everyone is different. I certainly wouldn't be wanting to hang around after work waiting until the branch near where I worked started anything - nor would I then be pleased at having a long drive home later on either. So home base for me/