Psychometric Testing

Hi 

I am not sure I am posting this in the right place, but couldn't find a group just for recruitment.

I need to research some companies who offer psychometric testing as I need to recruit a Principal for a private school that I am working with.

Have you got any recommendations for any companies that you have used in the past please.

Kind regards

Julie 

• Hi Julie

You may find the British Psychological Society's Psychological Testing Centre website helpful: https://ptc.bps.org.uk/
  • In reply to Anna:

Thank you Anna.
  • Hi Julie

The IBM and HP equivalents in the psychometrics rather than computer hardware  field are I'm sure still Savile and Holdsworth and Thomas International, who'll doubtless both have senior managerial etc material.

But, for this kind of appointment, personally (perhaps with the exception of a bit of personality profiling just for 'triangulation' purposes)  I'd not be inclined to regard psychometric profiling as all that if at all necessary or useful to the process. There must be far more salient and holistic indicators capable of being devised, surely?

• Oxford Psychometric Press (OPP) offers a range of profiling tools. FIRO-B is one Ifound useful for senior roles.
  • The type of test and provider will depend on what it is you are looking to test for.
    Is it cultural fit? is it critical thinking?

Rather then go to a "test publisher" for senior roles I would recommend going to an occupational psychologist that is licensed to use tools from at least 3 different publishers. That way they select the best tool for the job and not the only one they have been trained to use.
    A hammer is a great tool, but if its the only one in your tool box every problem will start to look like nails
  • Hi Julie - are you looking for aptitude or personality tests? I suspect it is personality testing. I have used OPQ32 and 16PF - the candidates complete an online questionnaire and they have a range of reports that you can select, depending on your needs. I have used them in recruitment e.g. Team & Leadership Styles report, to understand the candidates preferred style and assess how that would fit with reports, team etc. Sharon