HR Generalist Interview tips

I recently moved from Zimbabwe to Rep of Ireland and I was invited for interview for the position of HR Generalist. Now with my Zimbabwean experience tables might turn upside down. Anything you can share with me on my preparation for my interview scheduled for 15 November 2021
  • Hello Taurai, Welcome to Europe and all the best with your interview next Monday. I have spent a lifetime trying to `fit`my experience to the European context so i appreciate your apprehension. My advice will be to speak of your experience in general terms rather than in Zimbabwean terms. Truth be told, HR challenges ; Talent management, Recruitment, Succession planning, managing performance in the new Remote working circumstances, are similar irrespective of the country context. So you don't want to sound like the Zimbabwean HR generalist, you want to sound like the HR generalist, Period. All the best! and feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.
  • Can I have your contact details Joan I know what you know is certainly different from what I know and sharing is good. Iron sharpens iron and I can be sharpened surely