Job applicant forgot to attach CV

What would best practice be should someone forget to attach their cv to a job application?

Thanks

• I assume emailing and asking them for it is not an option?

If you have no contact details at all then you can't do much.
  • In reply to Keith:

I believe we have have an email for them but i wasn't sure if that would be fair to other applicants as the deadline has passed?
  • In reply to Shadia:

Well it may well count against them if accuracy etc is a key part of the job....but we all make mistakes.
  • In reply to Keith:

thanks for the swift help and being a second head for me, appreciate it!
  • In reply to Shadia:

"Being late to submit an application" isn't a protected characteristic. If you have enough good candidates within the deadline, proceed with those who remembered to attach a CV. But if not, go ahead and ask this one to send it.

Getting too wrapped up in what's "fair" (in the colloquial rather than legal sense) can lead you to ignore what's in the best interests of your employer.
  • In reply to Robey:

thank you for this
  • Hello, in the past I have all sorts of "alternate" CV's attached - family recipes, photographs and a PDF of a mock up wedding invitation.

I'd suggest - like others - the choice is yours. If you have sufficient CV's to make a decision then go ahead with the ones you have, or if you don't or have the time to go back to the candidate then do.

Nikki
  • In reply to Shadia:

Its entirely up to you to decide.
  • I personally would give them a chance and assume it's a one off.