Finding the right position

Hi guys! Im currently studying my Level 3 and I’ve been trying to find a HR role to gain my experience , I’m completely new to HR and I’ve been applying for weeks and had no luck , I understand not allot of places will want to take on a trainee but i was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I can do , how I can make myself seem more desirable to employers etc ! I work full time so sadly I can’t volunteer anywhere . Thank you in advance Natalia
  • Hi Natalia

Have you tried the Apprenticeship service? There are a few options (but of course will depend on your location)

www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

Good luck with your job search

Joe
  • Hi joe !

I’ve had a look into apprenticeships but sadly there’s not allot available in my area - thank you for you help !
  • When you review job adverts and they have names, consider ringing and speaking to recruiter. Explain your situation and advise how keen you are and what transferrable skills you have e.g. customer service.
  • I’m entirely with you on that one. I’ve been trying for the last year, and I’ve got my level 7
  • Hi Natalia, When I was starting out I was advised to start by taking HR admin positions a lot of which can be via an agency and are 6 months contracts, that may help if you haven't spoken to any agencies that may be something to consider to get your foot in the door.