Calling all Career Hub users...

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

29 Aug, 2023 06:09

Are you a CIPD member who has used the Career Hub?

https://www.cipd.org/uk/the-people-profession/careers/career-hub/

Which areas did you find useful?

Did it help you in preparing for roles?

What could we do better?

We’d love to hear your thoughts; it enables us to ensure we're supporting you the best way we can.

Please share your comments below. Many thanks.

• It would be great if there were some more free e-learnings available to help develop your career. For the cost of the CIPD membership each year it doesn't feel that we get a great deal for the price so some more content like this would be great.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

29 Aug, 2023 09:24

In reply to Gemma:

Hi  ... thanks for your comment. Could you expand a little on what you mean by "e-learnings", please?

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

I'll use ACAS as an example, not necessarily for the topics, but they have some free online training courses you can access to cover the basics. I've used these personally to refresh my understanding on things and also for managers to help them upskill and they're quite good.

Something similar for CIPD members would be good, it could be in a form of your standard online training course, videos, slides with a quiz in the middle of the at the end to check what you've understood. Some of the online courses where you can just scroll through and have no questions to answers don't always sink in for me personally and I find they're very easy to skip through whilst doing other things. So something more structured I suppose is what I'm thinking of.

Even if they were slightly watered down versions of some of the courses CIPD already offers, would be a good way for members to get a taster of what the course is like and if it will meet their development needs or not, some of the courses, even with a CIPD discount are quite expensive and it's difficult to know before hand if you're going to getting any value from it afterwards. Online "mini versions" as a taster sessions for members would be a good way for us to find out.
  • In reply to Gemma:

I agree that what Gemma is suggesting could be really useful.