Network and support for standalone

Hey Everyone,

I took on a standalone HR Manager role more than a year ago and am currently looking to expand my network with great HR professionals.

If you know of any groups where I can join to develop my skills, get some coaching or simply seek some motivation, I would really appreciate it.

Being a standalone HR Manager can be very overwhelming, especially in this role.

Thank you!

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

31 May, 2024 06:30

Hi  

Welcome to our Community and I'm glad you found us!

Those working in a standalone role are most certainly not alone.

This thread is a good place to start. It signposts another cracking discussion thread with many shared experiences... and some helpful advice...

RE: HR Support for HR

• Hi
    I am also a stand alone HR manager. Do let me know if you find any support group.
    If you don't mind, we can here for each other too
  • If you know of any groups where I can join to develop my skills, get some coaching or simply seek some motivation, I would really appreciate it.

Hi. You're here.
  • In reply to Oluwalana:

Hi Oluwalana,
    Feel free to drop me an email at ezmuidinaviciute@gmail.com.
  • Ernesta said:

Being a standalone HR Manager can be very overwhelming, especially in this role.

Thank you!

What is it about your current role which is overwhelming?

• In reply to Steven :

Hi Steven,
    I am currently working in the hospitality industry and managing a diverse workforce. This is the most beautiful part working in hospitality but can also bring challenges. I would highlight the psychological aspect.
    Also, in terms of L&D, I am looking for new strategies to make training more effective, especially considering the busy operations.