Upgrading to Fellow

Hi Everyone,

I'm current in the process of upgrading to Fellow and have my telephone interview later in the month. Please can those who have upgraded before me tell me what tangible benefits this has provided for them?  I understand that having the letters after your name shows you have worked at a strategic level, are commercially minded etc but what have been the most tangible benefits from doing so? 

Regards

Lisa

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

21 Nov, 2017 09:05

Hi Lisa... I'll just 'park' this here - for others really as it sounds like you know what you're doing :)

I know we have a good many Fellows who are also community members... although I'm less certain of any who may have been through the process in the last year or two. Anyone?
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

I was appointed a Fellow over ten years ago so the process was somewhat different. If the question is has being a Fellow had any tangible benefits then its hard to quantify - who knows in recruitment situations if the difference to being short listed was being a F rather than a M? But in reality there are relatively few tangible (ie hard) benefits in most professional organisations between the M and the F levels. Its more about personal recognition etc.

I would have thought there would be great personal CPD benefits in going through the new assessment process as it forces you to reappraise your career and skills against the professional framework - which has to be a good thing?
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

22 Nov, 2017 08:58

Hi Lisa, more info here on upgrading to Chartered Fellow status, which you may find useful: www.cipd.co.uk/.../fellow hope the telephone interview goes well, let us know how you get on!
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

22 Nov, 2017 09:04

In reply to Johanna:

Thanks, Johanna. That was the link I **meant** to add to my first post when I said "I'll just park this here..."!!!! D'oh!