CIPD Level 5 short courses

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if you can take the CIPD level 5 course seperate/in smaller sections as at the moment I would like to do the level 5 but not in 11 months as I would like to extend so I can reflect more but still be able to use those points towards the qualification.

Hope I've not confused anyone.   I'm not sure if its even possible, so reaching out to you all.

Cheers

Chris

• It may be more expensive to do it this way, but there are different 'Awards' for level 5. They are:
    'Award' - which covers 1 module
    'Certificate' - which covers most of the mandatory modules and a few of the optional ones.
    'Diploma' - which is the full qualification.
    Also if you are not doing this as a taugh course i.e. mixed mode or distance learning there is often flexibility to shorten or lengthen the period of study depending on circumstances etc
    Is this what you mean?
  • Hi Christopher

If you went with a different course provider such as ICS (I am sure there are others too) then you could spread it out more. They give 24 months to complete a CIPD. I did mine in less than that time but it might be useful to you.
  • In reply to Clare:

Hi Clare

In a way yes as I was looking to extend the learn for more than the 11 months it runs at. Many thanks for your responce.
  • In reply to Cass Clothier:

Hi Cass

I have looked at ICS and didn't know they could go upto 24 months, think this will be something that will be better for me. I assume if I went for this, like you said can complete sooner and take breaks to sink the knowledge in. Think the tutor mark the work don't they? Do they give a deadline date for the assessment when you start each topic? Many thanks
    Chris
  • In reply to Christopher:

Hi Christopher
    Just to clarify, the way that Clare has categorised the courses is correct. In terms of my post, I am talking about the full CIPD Diploma in HR Management Level 5. For some of the assignments you have to attend a workshop before you submit them but yes, theoretically you could have breaks between assignments depending on variables like how you work, how difficult you find a particular assignment and availability to attend workshops. I hope this helps

I am currently studying the Level 5 Certificate via 'Mixed mode' which usually takes around 12 months as a guideline. However I agree with my Coach/Assessor how long each assignment will take so there is some flexibility to make it shorter or longer. As my course is Certificate rather than Diploma I don't have any workshops, just assignments.

Hi Cass

Yes that has helped, many thanks for your responce.

Chris
  • In reply to Clare:

Hi Clare

Ah thats good to know, can I ask who your doing the copurse with? How are you findning the course?

Thanks
    Chris
  • In reply to Christopher:

Through AheadHR. It takes a lot more motivation and self-discipline to do it on your own as such, but does give you more flexibility. I struggled a bit with my first assignment but now that I am more familiar with what is expected , it is becoming a bit easier.