CIPD Levels and 'mature' students

I have worked in HR for around 5 years now but not completed a course or taken the evidence based HR route. I do feel that as a mature person having my membership as 'student' is a tad embarrassing as I am certainly not a new learner nor a student as far as my work is concerned!

Will this change in the future other than becoming an affiliate which sounds more professional in the working world.

• Hi Catherine,

I am in the same position - I have worked in HR for over 10 years and I'm a HR Manager. However my credentials have all been earned on the job too, as I'm not qualified.

I'm about to start my level 7 CIPD shortly, as my role is becoming much more strategic, and I feel this will really help me. I don't have any advice on upgrading your member status I'm afraid - but would be interested if anyone else knows.

It is a tad embarrassing to be referred to as a Student when you're the HR Manager and sit in on board meetings, so I see where you're coming from.

Regards,
    Michelle
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

14 Jun, 2017 15:22

Hi Catherine, hi Michelle... you might be better off on the Affiliate grade. Do call 020 8612 6208 for membership and quals enquiries to talk this through.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Why an earth would a student member want to pay nearly £300 for affiliate membership?