Level 7 HRM and LMP Exams in May

Hello

I have enrolled for my Level 7 exams in May for both 7HRM and also 7LMP and wondered if anyone else was studying for them currently and wanted to share resources/study tips, or if anyone had any tips for maximising my chances of passing?

I am doing them distance learning via ICS and have found some of the course material quite out of date, has anyone else studied and passed via ICS and can put my mind at rest that the material is sufficient enough to pass?  I mentioned to them that it was out of date compared to other providers and they agreed and are currently updating it (not much use to me for the May exams though!)

Or if anyone had any links to TEDtalks, youtube videos, weblink or anything else that they found useful for these modules, I would be very grateful for any pointers in the right direction!

In short, any reassurance or suggestions on how to maximise my chances or passing would be greatly received!

Thanks in advance

Clare

• Hi Clare

I am also doing the level 7 year in my second year and do have some materials which may help you. Unfortunately I have sat my exams twice so I would also welcome advise and support from other members who maybe able to help us get through the exams. I haven't studied for exams for over 20 years and it is so different now and really hard to understand how to achieve a pass so would welcome some advice

Anne
  • Hi, I’ve just finished all of my level 7 diploma, what I found really helped with my exams was putting together mind maps of each subject for each learning outcome, with the key theorists etc, I also found the past papers on the CIPD website really helpful I started by planning my answers to the past papers when I was as revising then comparing against the examiners report then as it got closer I practised the papers in the timeframe. I hope this helps! Best of luck with your exams!
  • You could read (re-read) some, or just one good textbook.
  • Hi Clare,

I sat (and to my surprise Passed!) both of mine last September and was studying with ICS. I would advise that you do lots of past papers to practice. With the LMP one in particular, I would advise thinking of as many examples from your organisation as possible that you would be able to apply to the subject areas.

Lisa
  • In reply to Lisa:

Hi Clare

How did you get on? I’m sitting L7 LMP in September and am still working through course material. I’m terrified I won’t be able to prepare enough in time as I have a family and work full time too. I’m studying through ICS and am feeling like I don’t know what to focus on, what to learn and am just so stressed with it all :(