Do I need cipd?

I graduated with an honours degree in human resources in 2016, I have been told that this is equivalent to 50% of level 5 cipd. To get this acknowledged I can do the skills assessment route but as this cost over £1000 I am understandably wary of whether I need it or not. I work in an entry level HR job and despite applying for jobs for over 2 years have had no success, I've been told gaining cipd membership would help with this but earning minimum wage it would take years to save towards it. Has anyone else been in this situation? Any advice?

• I think you have been told wrong! The Level 5 Diploma is below that of a HND. A £1000 is a waste of money to get Associate membership, You can get on a L5 Diploma distance learning course for £2K. Your degree will have been theory-based, the subject matter for both Level 3 and Level 5 courses change regulary so don't look at it as something you may have already done. I've just answered a post about funding elsewhere, so a quick search will show that up