CIPD Level 5 with Advanced Learner Loan

I'm keen to do my CIPD Level 5 in HR Management & I know that this is covered by the government Advanced Learner loan scheme for funding.However, there unfortunately aren't any colleges local to me who run the course and I can't find any online training providers who accept the learner loan as funding?

I wondered if anyone had managed to complete the course online using the Advanced learner loan as funding?

• Hi Sian,

Im looking to do the same, and I wondered if you got any further withthis?
  • In reply to Briony:

Hi Briony

Unfortunately not. From what I managed to find out, it appears that there aren't any online courses which accept the Advanced Learner loan. I could only find non-online courses which accepted it, but sadly none are anywhere near me.

If you do come across anything, please let me know!

Sian
  • In reply to Sian:

I had this trouble, and as you have found out none of the the online training providers are registered for it. However, beware the Advanced Learner Loan is run by the Students Loan Company and as such although you won't make any payments if you earn under a certain threshold they wil stick monthly interest about 6% onto your loan regardless. What I would do is take out a Career Development Loan and pay it off during the course and and interest free holiday period at the end. You can get a CDL from Barclays but look it up online.