Passed level 7 - how to move from Student to Assoc

Hi,

I've just found out that I've passed my Level 7 Diploma and everything has been sent off to the CIPD who will post out my diploma. I know that this will make me an associate member and that I can apply to become a chartered member through upgradijng.

I was just wondering if CIPD will automatically change my membership from student to assoc when they have processed my qualification, or whether I need to take some action .

Grateful for any advice.

Thank you,

Karen

• Hi Karen
    You will automatically become an associate member now you've passed your level 7 , well done you, I am at level 5 and contemplating if I should start level 7 , what route did you take out of interest ?
    Regards Angie
  • Hi Karen,
    Well done. It's a great feeling isnt it?

I am looking to upgrade too. I have not pursued it until now, as I wanted to gain some more management experience. However, I need to change employer due to redundancy, so I am trying the quicker route of telephone interview.

I don't know what experience you have, but to become a chartered member, you need to have management responsibilities, or the equivalent of, I believe. That's why I have waited, so I could discuss more in the competency based interview session.

You can also upgrade by written application, but I believe this takes about 3 times longer. However, if I had the time, that is the route I would take. It gives you a chance to really think about your answers and put your experience together.

I have an email that the CIPD sent me and all the update forms if that helps. Just let me know your email address and I will forward to you. You can also find the forms under the membership section on the CIPD homepage.

However, I simply just called them, and found they were really helpful. They give you all the advice you require instantly.

Whatever you decide, the very best of luck!
    Carol
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

22 Oct, 2017 21:24

Hi Karen Carpenter and many congratulations :)

The change happens automatically.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

23 Oct, 2017 11:01

In reply to Steve Bridger:

To clarify a little further... we will upgrade any student to Associate Member when results have been processed. This can take up to six weeks from when CIPD receive the results from the relevant learning centre.
  • In reply to Angie:

Thanks Angie, I did self-managed learning with Reed Business School. They were really supportive but I did struggle to keep my timings on track without a classroom and hard deadlines to meet.
  • In reply to Carol:

Thank you Carol, that's really kind and I will PM you my email address. Since I started the qualification, I've moved into a few different roles and have a reasonably broad experience, and at a higher level, so I'm hoping I could get that across at an interview.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Thanks so much Steve - it's reassuring to know that I can just wait for it to go through the system!