Does it matter where you do your CIPD?

Hi All, 

I am planning to do CIPD Level 5 Diploma and where I currently live I have a choice of different organisations that provide CIPD, such as AVADO, MOL/Kaplan, Watson Martin, University of the West of Scotland and few others. Looking at each provider I noticed that there are some differences when it comes to prices and length of the training etc. I hope someone can advise which training center/institution or university would be the best to choose and what should I be looking at when choosing the right place to do the qualifications. Also, does it matter where are they the qualifications are done? 

Thank you in advance! 

Kind regards, 

Marta

• In reply to Peter Stanway:

Thank you
  • Hi all,

I am a business management grad and i'm looking to go from my current career in sales to HR. I have been told i already posses a CIPD level 3 as it is part of my degree of a basic understanding in HR. And i need to do my CIPD level 5. but i'm really confused. Should i do a certificate or diploma? what's the difference and which one's best for me? I've read a certificate is best if you already hold a degree?
  • In reply to arjun:

I did a certificate. The difference is that the Certificate is shorter (and cheaper) as less modules than the Diploma. With the latter you cover all the core modules and more of the optional ones.
  • In reply to Elizabeth Divver:

Likewise which is just as well, as I did mine in an institution that, in a ranking of 100 UK universities, would have come 105th. It was convenient to reach from my office (I had half day release). However, whilst no one has ever asked me where I took my course and it has not been an issue professionally, I am convinced that the lack of commitment from some of my fellow students at this particular institution made a difference to the quality of the group discussions and the connections I made with fellow students. As a beginner HR Manager in a standalone role, I think I made the wrong decision and may have benefited from going somewhere more "prestigious" with more academically inclined students.