Online CIPD Providers

Hi

I've almost decided to complete the Level 5 CIPD, however am now looking at providers. I know someone who is completing it at a local college and it is costing £1,500, however my local college does not run the course.

So I am looking at competing it online.   I have spoken to someone from "Avado" and it will cost £3195.  Is this a standard cost. ?  Can anyone recommend Avado or any other company that they have experience of ?

Thanks

Catherine

• Hi, I did my level 7 with ICS, i found them very good and their tutors are very supportive, I also found ICS to be priced very good compared to the other providers. Distance learning can be very difficult however compared to doing it at a college/university. Very worth it though!

Good luck with your course!
  • Hi Catherine

I'm doing my Level 5 with Avado, and it leaves things to be desired for sure. I'm lucky that my employer is footing the bill, I'd be even more disappointed if I'd paid myself. PM me if you would like more info!

Sam
  • Hi Catherine

I completed my level 3 with DPG that was mixed so online and 5 days classroom type environment and thought it was excellent.

So excellent I've literally just an hour ago enrolled with them again to start my level 5 diploma although this times its all totally online.

Cost is £3000 inclusive of VAT and they do payment plans. Worth every penny IMO.
  • Hi Catherine

I have been looking at the 100% online CIPD Level 5 qualification and after looking at the reviews and content, I have decided to go ahead with DPG. They have a business district "Zip HR" to assist with studies and also the DPG Community. If you contact them, they will send you a link to review it. I studied with DPG about 6 years ago for Level, although this was workshop based I couldn't fault them.

Sue
  • In reply to Sue Davies:

hi Sue

I got sent a trial for the Online District and it was that which convinced me to go back to DPG to do my level 5. Was very user friendly, interesting and felt pretty realistic. One of the managers was a right chancer on it, cant wait to encounter him again :D
  • I've signed up to do the Level 5 Online with DPG too, really looking forward to it. I completed the Level 3 with them a couple of years ago, and I thought they were great.

Ishbel
  • In reply to Samantha:

Hi Samantha

Can I ask how you are finding the Level 5. I haven't studied since 2012 and been away from HR for a year and wonder if I will be out of my depth? :(
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

26 Sep, 2017 12:44

In reply to Sue Davies:

A year isn't long, Sue.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

I thought that but others seem to think I will struggle with the one year gap, despite looking at studying Level 5
  • In reply to Sue Davies:

Hi Sue

I start it on the 2nd October so just enjoying the last week or so of 'freedom'!

Im worried about being out of my depth too to be honest, I know I'm capable of the content as I found the level 3..........I dont want to say easy, more manageable than I thought? The content was pretty much what I already knew so the level 3 for me was just confirming my capability at that level, what I struggled most with was the discipline to actually crack on with it, and often I'd end up staying awake into the early hours to reach my deadline for the assignments. So on quite a few of them I only achieved the minimum pass for that unit which was very annoying and served as a lesson to myself to be better at my prep this time. I even had a couple of them sent back as I needed to improve <blush>.

I know that's where it all went wrong - I just bulldozed straight into the assignments when they were due within the week and then spent hours and hours over 2 days when I should have done an hour or two a day on it. I remember being stuck in the house one glorious sunny day while my fella and the kids wet to a local fun day, all because I didn't plan better.

I hadn't really studied since 1996 when I started my level 3 so now I know what to expect with distance learning and you will too. It will be hard, probably with a few tears and "I CANT DO THIS" I expect, but we can, and it will be so worth it when we get that certificate at the end. :)

(sorry that was long!)
  • In reply to Samantha:

Hi Samantha

I'm feeling exactly the same way as you, glad to know I'm not alone!! I start on 2nd October too. :)

Ishbel
  • In reply to Ishbel:

No doubt I'll see you around ishbel ! Think the first webinar is on the 2nd at 6.30pm but I reckon that will just be introducing us to the online system.

I know it sounds daft but I spent a small fortune on some new stationary bits to get me in the mood for studying. Love a bit of stationary me :)

Good luck with it :)
  • In reply to Samantha:

Lol! Good luck to you too :)
  • Hi Catherine,

I'm in a similar boat to you. I have decided to start my Level 5 Diploma in HRM this year and have finally whittled it down to two providers that do online courses and offer all of the available modules. These are Watson Martin and Cullen Scholefield.

That's as far as I have got - and now I'm stuck! I can't find reviews outside of their own websites that would sway me in either direction.

*Does anyone have experience of Watson Martin or Cullen Scholefield?*

How are you getting on with your search?

Thanks
    Emily
  • In reply to Emily:

Hi Emily. I decided to go with ICS in the end. I did some more research and they do have good feedback and were reasonable, costwise. I did my online induction last night and have been reading as much as I can ever since! I’m really excited to be started now! The 2 companies you have mentioned I have not heard much about but I’m sure someone will be able to give you some feedback. Good luck, when are you hoping to start?

Catherine