Does anyone know about CIPD Strategic HR volunteers to support schools in West Midlands program?

Hi All,

Does anyone know about whether the CIPD Strategic HR volunteers to support schools in West Midlands , or around the UK program job application

is open for students as well, or just HR profressionals ( working in an HR role)? Would a current student , or CIPD graduate be able to apply for the job volunteer placement?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Hi Waheed

I am an Enterprise Adviser volunteer which is one of the CIPD Strategic HR Volunteers supporting schools (I support a school in Norfolk).

The roles are aimed at senior HR Professionals as the purpose of the role is to help the school develop their school careers strategies in line with the Government's recently published strategy for schools

www.gov.uk/.../Careers_strategy.pdf

These aren't HR roles as such and Enterprise Advisors don't have to be HR professionals. But volunteers for these roles do need to hold senior positions in an organisation in order to have the business knowledge and networks to be able to provide the necessary support, and guidance to the school they support (for example, I am in a position where i can offer the schools work placements in my organisation and arrange mock interviews for students with other managers in my organisation

Here is a link to more information on the CIPD site about the roles with schools
    www.cipd.co.uk/.../develop-senior-experience

I do know that the CIPD do also have some links with Charities for people looking to develop their HR skills overall, but i think that is only in London unfortunately.