Job in HR after a career break

Hello,

I do have close to 7 years of work experience in HR. I do hold a post graduate degree in HR. I moved to the UK in 2012. For child care reasons have taken a 5 year break from work. Now that my kids are grown i intend to get back to work. I have been attending interviews in HR but not yet landed myself with a job. It gets frustrating to not get a reply either to the interviews i attend nor the job applications i send to the recruiters. I am planning to do CIPD level 3 in order to boost my chances of landing myself a job in HR. It is a cost that i will incur in the absence of a job and hence wondering if it would improve my chances of getting a job in HR. Soliciting suggestions and advice.

• Its likely to improve your chances but probably not by a huge amount

You have seven years experience but all gained overseas. Its about finding an employer who will recognise this and partly discount the longish gap since then.

The Level 3 is a very entry level qualification which with your experience I would be surprised if you learn a huge amount from.
  • In reply to Keith:

Thanks Keith for your response. I have been a fast track employee and my last job title was HR Mgr. I have been looking for even entry level HR positions but have not been successful. Can you please suggest me on what i could do to better my chances of getting a job ?
  • In reply to Felicita Valan:

Take a look at the Women Returners site: wrpn.womenreturners.com/
  • In reply to Anna:

Sure. Thank you Anna.