Need some advice on CIPD qualification

Hi,

My situation is a bit different and probably unique. I would be very grateful if someone could advise me please.

Due to my previous academic achievements, I got exemptions from 2 modules worth 30 credits at CIPD Level 7. I then completed the remaining 90 credits and got CIPD Level 7 Diploma in HRM.

I started looking for entry level HR roles. Very soon, I got the impression that employers feel a bit uncomfortable hiring someone with the highest level qualification for an entry level role. I eventually managed to get a job as HR Assistant and completed CIPD Level 5 qualification alongside. Having done CIPD Level 5 with some HR experience, I now feel comfortable putting my CIPD Level 7 on my CV. However, now I am in a situation that from my CV it appears that I have done CIPD Level 7 qualification before Level 5, which looks odd.

I want to make this right. One way, I am thinking of is that as I have previously completed 90 credits at Level 7, if I complete 2 more Level 7 units at a CIPD awarded college or at an approved Postgraduate Diploma programme making it 120 credits in total, CIPD might be issuing me a new Level 7 Diploma with a later date of completion. My problem is that the completion date of my level 7 diploma should be later than the completion date of my level 5 qualification.

Any suggestion on how can I make it right please?

Many thanks.

• Personally I wouldn't e too concerned and I certainly wouldn't go to all the trouble of doing a L 7 again.

Like to dropped the L7 for L5 type jobs I would drop the L5 for L7 type jobs and just have one qualification on your CV.