CIPD Level 5 assessment for developing professional practice

Hi

I started my CIPD level 5 and have come to the first assessment and I am a little confused.  I am unsure of what a portfolio of evidence looks like.  Can anyone assist me please in this and guide in the right direction.

I have done all the reading and find that I still do not have a clue on what to actually put in and feel like maybe I have missed something which is causing me all this confusion.

Would I be correct in answering each activity and giving a reference as to what I have either read or personally experienced in my career?

I have been pondering on this for over a week and now just need to actually get it done but am confused at where to start, if anyone could assist I would be grateful.

Kind Regards

Anne

• Who are you studying with?
  • Anne, The portfolio of evidence is what is presented when each of the assignment criteria is answered. An example of this would be if you referenced the CIPD code of professional conduct. This would formulate part of the portfolio if that makes sense? Personal experience is fine, I was told everything needs to be referenced so try and use academic theories or models you utilised at certain points and avoid opinion unless you can run it alongside a reference of some sort. I fell short on this once I believe. Hope this helps.
  • In reply to U2019050605551283414:

Thank you this is very helpful. I would of definitely used my opinion alot and this is where I think I am falling short. Could I ask if the presentation of the portfolio would be a normal paper - I think I am being thrown by the use of the portfolio and have the image of an online portfolio in my head. What I have done is reference the CIPD map and code and tried to assimilate that into practice with my practical experience and references from theories?
  • In reply to Jill:

I go through ICS and although there are great student advisors I find the assessment briefs ambiguous and the website not user friendly at all.
  • Anne, That sounds good to be honest. I found that most things I've implemented either had an academic theorie behind it or some kind of model. At times I found it rather enlightening to see that people had named processes I just took for granted and best practice. I went via ICS also. Easiest way I found was to simply ignore the word "portfolio " and think of it more as "finished assignment with all the sections answered" Regards