CIPD Level 5 Diploma - with workshops or without?

HI All

I am looking to sign up for CIPD level 5 diploma and have got lots of info from lots of providers - some include workshops that are pre- selected modules and others have no workshops at all - which did you do and which would you recommend? I like the idea of some face to face interaction with other learners to help build up a network and share experiences, my only concern is that these modules are therefore pre defined and will the workshop dates hold me back? Equally it may be that the modules are all considered the best ones for the qualification. Prices seem to vary quite a lot too so I understand the concept of 'getting what you pay for' but also don't want to pay too much as I am self funding.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. 

• My Level 5 Certificate doesn't involve any workshops so I have to be quite self-motivated. I chose this route as my workplace is in a different county to where I live and often workshops are some distance away so would struggle to attend.
    However it is good to meet others and share experiences at workshops, especially if you are stand alone HR for example. I'm fortunate that I work in a large organisation where all my colleagues have gone through CIPD qualifications and are always willing to mentor etc.
  • Hi Tara
    The provider I used included workshops of which there were 2 - one for Assignment 1 and 2 and the other for Assignments 7-8. They took place on a Saturday and Sunday so did not interfere with the working week. If your wish is to get some face to face interaction short of doing a part time distance learning course where you attend weekly /monthly lessons then this would be a good opportunity for you to network.