Which level Diploma should I study?

Hi

I've been working in as an HR Recruitment Administrator in the healthcare sector for about 2.5 years now, however I'm not quite sure which CIPD Diploma level I should take.

I already have a degree qualification that is not HR related (it's in Health and Social Care if that helps), so I thought it would make logical sense to go for the Level 5 option considering I don't have some (but not much) experience in HR.

Any advice about this will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Helen

• Hi Helen,

That's what I did. When you contact the qualification provider they will question you to ascertain what would be the appropriate level for you, so give them a call.
  • Hi Helen

Unlike you, I didn't have my degree at the time I started my HR career, so I have spent the last 4/5 years completing my level 3 CIPD certificate to get some knowledge of the HR fundamentals, I then studied with the OU and completed a Business Management degree part time and i've just started the level 7 diploma in HRM.

I found that this helped me progress from administration to Advisor and I am now looking at either a HR Manager or BP role with the experience and skills I have and the qualifications back it all up nicely. Good luck in whatever you decide.

L
  • In reply to Sharné:

Hi Sharne

Thank you for your advice.

I've decided to go for the Level 5, now the problem is which course provider to choose from!

However I'm thinking of going with DPG as they're offering the ILM Award on top of it.

Any advice on that would be great too!

Kind Regards

Helen
  • In reply to Laura :

Hi Laura

Thank you for your advice.

I thought about doing the Level 3 as well and move my way up but then realised that I don't have the finances to study both.

As I am still working, I don't want to leave my commitments - so I've opted for the Online Distance Learning route which will be flexible for my situation.

Kind Regards

Helen
  • In reply to Helen:

Hi Helen
    I too study online however, mine is through ICS Learn as I like the flexibility and I can pay in instalments (Also helped that there was a 20% off offer on at the time) :)

L
  • I did my Level 5 with DPG and they were excellent.
  • In reply to Amy:

Hi Amy

May I ask why you chose DPG to study CIPD?

Kind Regards

Helen
  • In reply to Laura :

Hi Laura

How are you finding the support with ICS Learn, is there a community forum of other fellow CIPD learners?

Kind Regards

Helen
  • In reply to Helen:

I would always go for a real provider at the local University. Apart from anything else you make friends and learn from each other.
  • In reply to Peter Stanway:

Hi Peter

Although I do understand and 100% agree with your advice, however I am restricted to doing this as I work full time.

Therefore I do not wish to reduce my hours as this is the main method of how I'm funding the course.

Many thanks for your help though.

Kind Regards

Helen

• In reply to Amy:

Hi Amy. I am looking to do my Level 5 with DPG as well as they are better priced compared to ICS and AVADO, at the moment. Could I ask for your feedback on how you though the course went with DPG?
  • In reply to Alysia:

Hi Alysia, maybe have a look at Acacia Learning as well: acacialearning.co.uk/.../

Good luck with the programme!
  • I did my CIPD L5 at West Herts College and I have made friends for life! I also found the 2 knowledgeable lecturers support excellent and it cost about the same as on line. It was one afternoon each week, term time only for 9 months, which my full time employer at the time allowed me to go to - but I did lose half a days pay, but both parties felt it was a gain. I was a little disappointed they would not pay, but they were supportive and I can say it was the best thing I had done in years. Whicever you choose, it will be a challenge. Good luck.