Which CIPD provider?

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted already, I am new to the site.

I am about enrol on a Level 5 distance learning course with Reed Business School, however I am just exploring other course providers such as ICS, DPG and Avado. 

Can anyone recommend a particular provider? Or have you heard any horror stories about any providers? I have read lots of goods reviews of DPG but cannot see the course fees so I'm currently waiting for a reply from them

• I did Level 3 through DPG, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
  • ICS are working well for me and I think are cheaper than DPG.
  • In reply to Ashley:

Hi! Which is better in terms of tutors: ICS or Home Learning college? I am planning to start a course asap. Thanks in advance.
  • In reply to Ankita:

Hard for me to compare, I can only comment on the ICS tutors. Each module of the course has on line tutorial session and the tutors for these seem friendly and helpful. They can be contacted directly - which I haven't needed to do,but other students on the course seem to get the support they need. The tutors also seem quite quick on following up on the student forum when necessary.
    I don't think any distance-learning is going to give you the kind of support you'll get from attending a classroom based course with a tutor and other students. I think you have to accept that one of the downsides of distance learning is the "distance" bit from real people for help and support.
  • In reply to Ashley:

Hello everyone.
    Am new to CIPD and registered as a student member a few weeks ago.
    been in contact with ICS and DPG. Thank you Ashley for your valuable feedback. And yes indeed, ICS is much cheaper.
    I made up my mind this morning and going with ICS. Level 5. looking to start in February. Keeping fingers crossed. An new to HR and looking forward to going back to (e)school after years!!
  • In reply to admin:

Good luck with the course. There's a Facebook group for ICS Level student which is quite useful. Hope to see you there.
  • ICS learn are great, I did Level 5 with them.
  • I'm with Watson Martin (Reed) very good.
  • Hi,
    I'm currently studying a Level 5 Diploma in HRM online with Cullen Scholefield. I get access to a named tutor and depending on your level of study, you are allocated x no. of hours telephone support.
    I tend to speak with my tutor at the beginning of each unit report, mid way, and then at the end to review.
    Hope this is helpful.
  • In reply to admin:

How have you got on with ICS? I'm thinking of using them. Catherine