Which L&D Qualification to Choose?

Hi all,

I recently moved from legal secretary work to a Learning & Development Coordinator role. I completed a foundation degree in adminisation & business technology last year (night classes) with my local college. I was planning to continue my studies by taking a Level 7 managment and leadership course run by my tutor, however I have now decided I would like to start my career in L&D.

If anyone could give me some advice on the best courses to consider I would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance :)

Justine

• It would be helpful to know what your job entails, job titles can be a bit misleading sometimes. Is it is purely admin support to an L&D function or are you expected to deliver training?
  • In reply to Paul:

Thanks for your reply. You could say my job title is a bit misleading, as my primary role is admin support to the L&D manager. However, he would like me to help/learn how to create e-learning materials/powepoint presentations etc. in the near future rather than it just being an admin role. I would love to deliver training (not sure what subject matter I could deliver) in the future, but I though this would be a good start to get into the idustry.
  • In reply to Justine:

Hello Justine
    When i first started in L&D, in 2000, I completed the CIPD level 3 L&D which was known as Certificate in Training Practice.
    It provided a really good background into trainers role including TNA and some strategic information, less about administration.
    I am aware the qualifications have changed since the early 2000's and now their are main short courses, some focus on L&D administration and digital learning, on the CIPD website.