CIPD Level 5 - UIN5 - Using information in HR

Hi All 

Is anyone currently studying UIN5 or has studied this recently? I am really really struggling with this subject and i'm getting quite upset that i can get my head around it. I have already completed 3 assignments for my level 5 and although they have all be challenging i have been able to understand the purpose and goal and produce what i feel is a high quality piece of work but this module seems to have gone completely over my head so much so that i cant even think of a subject to investigate.

Does anyone have any advice on the following:

• Creating a research question in relation employee health an well being? 
  • Examples of 4 different information resources i should use for my critical review? I think i know what i need to do for this bit but i would be interested to know if your suggestions are the same as what i think is suitable. 
  • What are some different research methods i could compare? 

My tutor has gone over all these things but i have had a very busy and stressful month since the new year and my concentration levels and information intake has been lacking. I would be really grateful on any steer you could give me. 

Thank you so much in advance. 

• In reply to Jodie:

Ah thank you for replying to me anyway! If you do manage to dig anything out that would be amazing, but please don’t go to any trouble. I may have a chat with my tutor - I think we may have the same one! Thanks Joanne
  • In reply to Joanne:

Hi Joanne, i have completed this module and have a good few slides etc. that you may find useful. If you would like to message me on cliff.knott@yahoo.co.uk and i will happily send something over
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff
    Thank you, that’s great. I’ll drop you a mail. Thanks again
    Joanne
  • In reply to Joanne:

Hi Joanne, managed to get the old computer fired up! Send me your email address and I can explain the where I found the resources.
    Jodie
  • In reply to Jodie:

Thanks Jodie, that’s great. Email is mrsjstokes1@gmail.com. Thanks again, the group interaction is the main thing I miss by doing a course online!
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Jodie, Would you mind sending me the slides also. It might help me to understand better.
    Many thanks
    Jo
    jo.aichroth@hotmail.com
  • What topic did you chose to write your report?
  • Hi, I’m really struggling with too. I have chose employee retention and solutions of flexible working, career development and compensation. Do I have to find authors of research for section 2 or can I refer to general articles. If I use articles it would be difficult to critique them section 3 but can’t find much research! Any pointers you can advice? Thanks
  • In reply to Kam Beresford:

Hi Kam,
    I did employee retention specifically in teaching but had a couple of articles about retention in general and retention theories before more specific ones. The critique can be based on the age, country, sample size (if a study) and relevance of the article, so it's OK to say an article raises interesting points such as... But because it does not develop ideas on flexible working it cannot advance your research into this area (or something like this). With each article you critique you can overview it, why you selected it and then say whether it is actually useful to you. Tricky to get stuck into this assignment for sure!
  • In reply to Jodie:

Hi Jodie, I am struggling too as I work for an engineering company and I can find little information on my sector - are you able to give me any pointers? Do you think I may be better looking at Absenteeism - these assignments are proving harder than I thought they would be! Many thanks
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff,

I am currently studying 5UIN at the moment too. Do you think you could send me from tips/info as well? My email is cristelseed@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance!
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff. Thank you for the offer. I would love to see what you have regarding this topic. My address is: eileen.tait1975@gmail.com
  • In reply to Eileen Card:

Hey Eileen, apologies for the delay but i have forwarded some information for you. Let me know if you need anything else, Cliff
  • Hi Cliff and Joanne,

It would be great if you could both also email me with any help you can provide for this unit to me too? I was contemplating looking at absence management in the education sector and have found it difficult to find existing literature to use for this, so seeing how you approached limited literature Joanne, would be very useful. My email is mahika95@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,
    Mahika
  • In reply to Cliff:

Hi Cliff, I'm currently also doing UIN5 and chose recruitment as my topic and really struggling on the literature review and critique of data (haven't found the info yet), can you send me some slides and info please? It would be greatly appreciated - my email is sarahlp_1@yahoo.co.uk