Distance learning providers for Level 7

After some very helpful responses on my last post seeking advice for my level 5, I am now after advice for Level 7 on people's experiences with different providers. ICS are appealing to me as I like that it is 100% online and self-paced with no set deadlines. I did my level 5 with DPG which had the same setup and liked the freedom of setting my own pace. I have however seen really mixed reviews about ICS which make me nervous. I've also spoke to MOL about their 100% online course and their exam pass rates seem really good however they are more expensive. I'm also looking to start soon so ICS are attractive in the sense I could get started any day, whereas MOL have set start dates and set deadlines.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Hi Kellie
    I am doing level 7 with ICS and the website has been a little difficult to familiarise myself with and get used to. There are some online sessions, but I find that I am having to do the pre recorded ones due to availability of the sessions which obviously doesn't give you much interaction. My tutor has been good with coming back to me quickly on email, so there isn't anything that I wouldn't be able to ask them however, it does feel a little isolated and I find that I get bored of things easily as I am reading material which doesn't sink in without the engagement I think.
    I do like the flexibility and ability to pay monthly, as I did the diploma and it is quite expensive, even with the discounts that they offer. I also liked that I could get started in 24 hours and I don't feel pressured by deadlines.

Laura
  • Hi Kellie
    I explored doing level 7 through ICS too, but when I queried whether I can pause it if I fall pregnant and go on maternity leave the answer was no. This was the sticking point for me. If the law says mothers need at least two weeks downtime after birth then I don't understand why a study course wouldn't be paused too.
    This is steering me towards going with MOL, but the price difference is giving me second thoughts.
    I'm going to see what others might advise before I make my decision.
    Good luck.
    Emily
  • Hi Laura & Emily,

Thank you both for your response. I think I'm pretty set on going with MOL. I've reached out to some current ICS L7 students on Facebook and had mainly negative reviews. I've also spoke to MOL a bit more today and their exam pass rates are very good so I think this and the most positive reviews justify the extra cost.

Good luck to both of you!

Kellie
  • Hi, I’m looking for the same. I have found that the open university has 2 exams and a 3 day residential throughout the 2-3 years you study.