How will CIPD be ensuring qualifications are blanket recognised in EU post-Brexit?

Hi there,

I can't seem to find much info on this topic. I was wondering - what proactive steps are CIPD taking to ensure blanket acceptance in EU27, of qualifications issued/endorsed by CIPD post-brexit?

It is a little unnerving to think our CIPD qualifications will essentially be worth peanuts - at least as far as automatic recognition is concerned (EQF etc..) amongst all EU27.

Are there any plans for example, to tie CIPD certificate-issuing to the Irish CIPD chapter to work around this after brexit? For current holders of CIPD certs - will there be some kind of process where one can apply to the CIPD to have their certificate re-issued via Ireland CIPD?

I know quite a few colleagues in UK and abroad who are holding off pursuing further CIPD qualification / study until it is clear what value quals will continue to bring amongst EU27 professional peers, as well as for one's own international career.

If I've overlooked any CIPD articles on this topic, please could somebody send me a link?

I appreciate one can take steps oneself to apply in each EU27 country to get a personal certificate of recognition + application fees x27 EU countries. Its just a little worrying that CIPD haven't taken proactive steps to address this by now. It sends a certain signal -  and not in a good way :-(

Many thanks,

Paul

• In reply to Paul:

I am in Switzerland and I have started my level 5. I know that Swiss companies prefer qualifications gained in their own country, but there are actually many interantional companies here that recognise and even prefer CIPD qualified persons.
  • In reply to Michelle:

Thanks for sharing your experience Michelle, and welcome to the forums.
    In my experience there are two countries that are more open than others to international qualifications - Switzerland and Belgium. For obvious reasons.
    Brussels is part of the heart of European institutions and has one of the most international workforces in the world. Swizerland also houses international institutions and a significant part of its economy is geared to providing professional (legal, finance, tax...) services and advice on a worldwide basis.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Hi Steve, Please could you demerge my most recent entry to a separate thread to avoid confusion? One thread is about CIPD qualifications. The other is about non-CIPD qualifications of any profession/industry. Thanks.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

26 Jun, 2018 18:12

In reply to Paul:

Done.

www2.cipd.co.uk/.../69030

• It's an interesting question, but I do think there are far more important Brexit considerations than whether or not professional qualifications will still be valid elsewhere.

That said, I specifically chose to do a Master's degree rather than L7 CIPD, because I figured an MSc is always going to be recognised and transferable to other countries, whereas I knew CIPD may not be.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Steve Bridger if only it was as simple to “de merge” us from our European cousins - new Brexit Secretary ?
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

27 Jun, 2018 00:32

In reply to Keith:

Sacré bleu.