Online Level 5 HR Certificate Providers and Fundig

Hi All,

Just thinking about starting the above qualification.

Any recommendations for providers and any experience with funding would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

• You have potentially two choices attending a local college or via distance learning. However, depending where you live there may not be much in the way of college courses. Funding: Career Development Loan (see Gov.uk website) interest free loan over the length of the course then interest at a lower rate thereafter either via Co-operative Bank or Barclays (need to check Barclays as they may have pulled out). Hardly any distance learning providers will accept payment via CDL. Advanced Learning Loan, again you will find this on the Gov.uk website. This can only be used for Level 3, 4, 5 and 6 courses. You will pay back the loan once you earn over £21K and is deducted at source via tax. BPP was the only provider accepting the Advanced Learning Loan, but they have stopped providing Distance Learning CIPD courses in favour of CIPD apprenticeships. Most colleges accept the Adanced Learning Loan. There is a gap at Level 7 as Certificate and Advanced Diploma courses do not qualify for funding. At Masters level there is the Masters loan (limited to a loan of £10K) and you will only repay once earning over £21K. Remember you won't be able to use this on the CIPD Level Award, Certificate or Advanced Diploma. Most of the Distance Learning Providers have their own "easy payment" terms, be very careful as these may add considerably to the cost of the course!
  • By the way, the Level 5 Certificate is a halfway house to the Level 5 Diploma, I would advise you to do the full Diploma. Unfortunately too many colleges and the odd distance learning provider are only offering L5 Certificate courses, my advice would be avoid
  • In reply to Paul:

Thanks for your response Paul.

Really helpful advice.
  • In reply to Angela Browne:

Hi Angela,

You may already have found a provider - if not I'm currently studying online with Watson Martin Partnership (in partnership with Reed). They are based in London. Have a look at their website. They allow you to spread the cost of the course over 12 months if that helps...