CIPD Level 5 Online Service Providers - your experiences and feedback, please

Good Evening Everyone,

I'm rather new to the CIPD Community and am really looking for advice and feedback so please be gentle.

I've decided to have a slight career direction change in my life.  I've decided to follow my passion for people and to study for a CIPD Level 5 Diploma in HR online. I have a good educational background and a second class upper degree (Business Studies) so am not frightened of study or hard work. As a recent new father I feel this will give me the most benefit and flexibility as well.

Being the analytical person that I am, I've done lots of research into training provides such as ICS Learning or Developing People Group (DPG) or Avado. All are approximately the same price.

So what I'm really after is your own experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly with either of the three providers ICS Learning or Developing People Group (DPG) or Avado.

Any and all experiences and feedback very welcome. Thank you in advance.

David K

• Hi David,

I just recently finished my CIPD Level 5 Diploma HRM through ICS Learn. I would recommend ICS Learn, their tutors are really helpful and they mark assignments fast (around 1-2 working days after submission). They have online live webinars, but you can also just watch the recorded lectures which are equally helpful. They provide 2 online hrm textbooks and a list of recommended journals/materials per module to help you with your assignments.

I will definitely sign up with ICS Learn again once I am ready for Level 7.

All the best in your studies!

Brian
  • Hi David,

I just finished studying my Level 5 Certificate with Avado. I thought I would struggle with distance learning, but I cannot recommend them enough. The material was well set out, there is a clear structure and deadlines which I liked when studying and my tutor was very supportive.

Good Luck.

Jess
  • In reply to Steph:

Hi Steph,

Hopefully you are still lurking on here...thanks for your information about ICS study. Can you give me an idea of the kinds of costs involved in extending your support term if needed?

Thanks very much!

Paul