CIPD Level 7 Module Choices

Hello all, 

I signed up to do my CIPD level 7 certificate last year with MOL, expecting to finish in April 2019. After completing two modules I originally didn't want to do (Recruitment and Talent Management combined with Employee Engagement) they have now signed me up for 'Developing skills for business leadership (SBL)' instead of 'Leading, managing and developing people (LMP)' and told me I will not finish until the end of next year. 

I was hoping to move country before Brexit, and so will no longer be able to attend classes in person. The option they have given me was to do SBL via webinar, and do LMP in Summer 2019 all via webinar. I am furious, but obviously need to complete this course having already paid nearly £4,000 upfront!

Does anyone know if it is possible to complete SBL having not done any other modules? From my understanding it was designed to be completed nearer the end of the course. 

Thanks in advance! 

• Hi Bryony
    I am also studying Level 7 with MOL. I think your question is best directed at MOL to be honest, and I agree their admin/organisation often leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm confused about how you've only completed two modules if you started last year? I also started last year (October) and have completed 3 modules (soon to be 5, at the end of this month). I am also starting SBL next week. It will be my 6th module out of 8.

I understand SBL is more of a reflective module on your learning experience, but if MOL have signed you up to it now, I would imagine they have done so because it's still possible for you to complete it. Again, I'd ring them up and ask them that question.

Hope this is of some help.

Sophie