Level 5, Unit 1 - Developing Professional Practice

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has recently completed the above until and are able to help me?

I'm after a bit of advise and guidance on how my submission should actually look - I'm struggling to get my head round it and any examples of work able to share with me would be so helpful.

I'm studying with ICS.

Many thanks

Becca

• In reply to Mai:

I'm currently half way through Level 5 and struggled with this. What I do now is read an article, paper, or page in a book etc, summarise it in my head and then get it down on paper as if I'm explaining to it a friend, colleague etc. If you are quoting something (because you simply can't put it any other way) then you can copy and paste but reference it accordingly. HTH.
  • In reply to Kirsty:

Hi

Can I also ask for some help on the first unit, Level 5 CIPD I really need to get started but struggling

my email ashliejane71@gmail.com

Thank you
    Ashlie
  • In reply to Ashlie:

Hi,
    Ive just started my CIPD L5, 5DVP and im struggling on where to start with the assignment. I attended a class for the module yesterday which was very good, but now i am feeling very stuck :(
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
  • In reply to Priya:

Hi there
    5DVP is often the first unit candidates start with so everything is new! The unit is mixed in terms of what it covers. It is really worth breaking it down and building up your assignment in stages.

Learning Outcome 1 is all about being an effective and efficient HR professional.
    It has sub headings - look for the italics. So read around those topics.
    Then look at the Assessment criteria:
    1.1 Evaluate what it means to be an HR professional with reference to the CIPD’s most current Profession Map. I am advising our candidates to go to peopleprofession.cipd.org/ as this was launched in November 2018.
    1.2 Describe the elements of group dynamics and conflict resolution methods.
    This covers the last two sub headings in Learning Outcome 1.

If you get that written up you will be on your way, think about your presentation of the document too!
    Hopefully your training provider or college will give you some feedback to let you know you are on the right track.

I hope this helps!
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Mar, 2019 07:42

In reply to Maureen Scholefield:

Nice post, Maureen.
  • In reply to Maureen Scholefield:

Many thanks Maureen, much appreciated.
  • In reply to Stacey:

thanks a lot :)
  • In reply to Priya:

You are welcome. How is it going?
  • In reply to Roberta:

Hi,
    I have started my Level 5 too and don't understand where to start too. Could you please advise and help me. If you could please send the details and talk me through it, it would be great.
    My email id is Sanjaykubadia@hotmail.com

Sanjay
  • In reply to Sanjay:

Sorry to hear this Sanjay. I hope you have been back in touch with your Centre.
    What are you not sure about?
    Kind regards
    Maureen
  • In reply to Maureen Scholefield:

Hi Maureen,

Apologies, if some fellow members have found my post abusive as I have neither written in any post nor read any posts in past. I haven't studied in last 20 years and don't understand where to start. I have found a courage to start my studies all over again with CIPD. I am struggling where to start my assignments, where to look for resources, which books to read etc. I neither have any classroom sessions nor a person I can speak to. I am have started with ICS Learn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

9 Apr, 2019 11:46

In reply to Sanjay:

?
  • Hi Rebecca

I have just started the summative assignment for this unit. As it asks for an electronic portfolio, I too am struggling to picture what this would look like. Are you able to assist please?

Thank you
  • In reply to Sandeep Gosal:

Hi San
    An electronic portfolio is a collection of digital documents. So, for example, your Assignment for 5DVP should refer to your CPD Plan and CPD Record as this is the best evidence for Learning Outcome 3.
    I hope this helps and good luck with your studies!
    PS I would also advise you to contact your tutor or adviser - they should be able to help you!!
    Kind regards
    Maureen
  • In reply to Sanjay:

Hi Sanjay
    I did not find anything abusive in your post. I really suggest that you contact your provider as a matter of urgency. I am sure they will help you.
    Kind regards
    Maureen