Any advice?

Hey all, I know there are some similar posts on here already but just wanted to get some general advice.

I recently completed a MSc in HRM and alongside this gained CIPD Level 7 accreditation, however I am really struggling to ‘break’ into the industry. I have over 5 years of managerial experience (retail and hospitality) which included HR and personnel related tasks and duties. I decided to undertake the MSc as I really wanted to focus more on HR and at the time doing this through further education seemed like the best option. I have been applying for mostly entry level jobs, however I am barely getting any kind of response let alone any interview offers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Catherine

While I sympathise , there aren't just similar threads there are identical ones all asking the same question. Its almost impossible to add to the wealth of advice and suggestions contained in the hundreds (I imagine) of threads asking this question. Have a read of those threads then I am sure many of us will be more than willing to answer any specific points or questions you may have.

Heres one thread but there are many more. Sorry I cant be more helpful but I would just be repeating what has already been said

• Have you tried temping?
  • Same question I ask everyone in your position: why did you choose to do a Level 7 qualification rather than, say, a Level 3 or Level 5?