CIPD L&D Diploma Level 5 - studying with ICS Learn

Hi,

I'm studying the L&D Level 5 diploma with ICS Learn and have made a slow start having not studied since leaving school in 1990 and going straight into the workplace and not completing any further education.

I have some books and I am a member of CIPD but having never studied like this (distance learning, no classroom) I'm a little unsure on where to start and what materials to be looking at.

It would be great to connect with someone who is also going through this - we could give each other some support.

Thanks in advance.

Susie

• Hi Susie

I was in a similar position to you. I left school in the 1980s and never went to university so I worried when I started this course last April that I may have taken on too much.

Fast forward and I have completed the course in 10 months and am now waiting for my certificate.

I studied with DPG buti have some guides that a guy wrote who.studied with ICS and I am happy to send them to you if you let me have your email address.

You can do this!!!
    Lisa
  • Hi Susie
    Well done on completing Lvl 5.
    I wonder if you can please send this to me? I completed my Lvl 3 through ICS last year and I am weighing up whether to start Lvl 5 with them now. This could definitely help with the decision.
    Thanks
    Victoria.plum@aol.co.uk
  • In reply to Angela:

Hi Angela
    Think you meant that message for me? I will email the guides to you now
    Lisa
  • Hi Lisa. Please could you send me these guides, they sound great and I am already struggling and I am on my first assignment. Thank you soo much and congratulations on passes! :) my email is cat.edge@yahoo.co.uk
  • In reply to Lisa:

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for coming back so quickly. That would be great.
    Every time I start to look at it, I find something else to do....
    susieturriff@yahoo.com
    I appreciate your help. Excellent news that you completed this in 10 months. How much time did you spend on this each week?
    Susie
  • In reply to Angela:

Hi Angela,
    Thanks for getting involved in the conversation. How did you find studying for your L3 with ICS? It's the whole online, distance learning piece I am struggling with.
    Thanks
    Susie
  • I did Lisa, my apologies. Thanks for sending it through.
    I actually enjoyed the distance learning aspect because I could study at my own pace. I completed it quite quickly. Hence, debating Level 5. Some tutors marked the assignments very quick but the downside was some took much longer. Unfortunately the student chat forum was pretty inactive but this forum is useful if you need support.
    I’m sure you’ll enjoy the distance learning if you dedicate time to study. Good luck
  • In reply to Susan Turriff:

Hi Suie
    I have emailed to you.

The time I spent varied but on average probably around 10 hours a week

Lisa
  • In reply to Lisa:

Thank you Lisa. It is actually the Learning and Development Diploma I am doing and not the HR one. These look very informative though - it would be great to get the same for the L&D Course.
    thanks for your time.
    Susie
  • In reply to Angela:

Hi,
    Yes I was hoping for more chat from the ICS webpages but it is very inactive. I just discovered this today and from reading the messages, I am hoping it is going to be more active for me.
    Was it the Learning and Development L3 you studied for?
    Thanks
  • In reply to Susan Turriff:

Hi

Sorry, I don't know of any guides for the L&D course.
    Lisa
  • In reply to Lisa:

No worries, I will still check what you have sent through as they may help me to break down the assessment requirements.
    I appreciate your help.
    Susie
  • Hi, would you mind sending me these guides if possible? I am currently studying level 5 and struggling with how to set out the first activity. Thank you soo much. Cat.edge@yahoo.co.uk
  • Hi Lisa, you’re a motivation. I started last August and have 4 assignments left but I’ve lost all motivation. Please could you email me the guide, to help me finish. My email address is kimcurtis1@hotmail.com thanks
  • In reply to Kimberley:

Hi
    Thank you! I have emailed the guides to you. I also lost my mojo for 4 1/2 months but got back into it so I am sure you will smash it!!
    Lisa