Finding work

I passed my CIPD level 3 qualification in 2010. I also have some team leader experience and have done 8 months volunteering in the HR department in an automotives factory. I have applied for so many jobs and don't even get an interview. Is anyone else having the same problems or can anyone give me any advice.

Thank you

• Hello Sarah
    From experience I found that HR was a little difficult to get into and this was after I completed my degree in HR.

With a little research as to what Area within HR I wanted to go into, i eventually got there.

My advice:
    look at the type of roles and organisations your applying to.
    You maybe applying for roles that require specific experience that you may not have.

Try applying for HR entry level roles (HR Assistant or HR Administrator) and work your way up from there.
    With the experience you already have under your belt I’m sure your potential employers will see that and hopefully progress you where you should be.

I would also suggest you complete the HR map if you have not already done so to highlight your strengths and weaknesses. Just so you know areas you need to work on.

Hope this helps.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

2 Apr, 2018 23:43

In reply to Vanessa Shields :

Nice first post, Vanessa Shields .
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Thanks Steve.
  • In reply to Vanessa Shields :

Thank you Vanessa. I would be more suited to a generalist role. I guess I will just keep tryimg and not give up. Thanks for your help.