L&D Qualification - Level 5+ - struggling to find providers

Hi all,

I am currently a Learning & Development Coordinator at a law firm. I've been here about 18 months now and I really enjoy it, but I would like to undertake a qualification in L&D to support me in my role as it develops. I am in a small 'train the trainer' programme at the moment to provide holiday cover to the full time ICT Trainer, and would love to be in a role that coaches/trains/supports people in the L&D function.

I am not sure what level to jump in at and I am struggling to find [good] providers or colleges that offer L&D-specific qualifications even remotely nearby.

I graduated in 2016 with a BSc in Human Resource Management. I live in Kent, so can access providers in London easily.

Can any of you recommend a centre that provides a high quality L&D qualification please? Also, should I jump to level 5 (and skip level 3 entirely)? 

Thank you all in advance!

Kat

• Hi Kathryn,

I completed the CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Learning and Development via a distance method. I used Avado, but know many others on this forum recommend ICS as well.

In all honesty, I had little choice but to do distance as I was abroad, and the cost of doing a face to face course (in the UAE) was extremely prohibitive in comparison. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the distance course, had plenty of support from my cohort (all over the globe - which was fascinating), and had the ability to study at my own pace as opposed to the pace of a group, so I wouldn't discount distance over a face to face.

Given your background in study, I would say it is safe to jump in at level 5, supported by the fact that you are in an L&D environment which means you can complete any practical/interview element of an assignment.

Otherwise, speak to the CIPD Student hub who are great at discussing options - (0)20 8612 6208 and should be able to point you in the direction of providers in London. I know Reed offer the course, but I have only studied other courses with them in London - they were ok.

Hope that helps a little

Kind regards,
    Laura
  • In reply to Laura Fazackarley:

Hi Laura! Thanks for your inputs. I have about 7 years of experience in Learning & Development Services. I am from India, would you suggest the suitable level and I would like to know the CIPD certification credibility for Global employment per se.
  • In reply to Gayathri :

Hi Gayathri

Best path for you to follow would be to ring the CIPD student hub who will be able to provide more context and assess your understanding better than I

+44 (0)20 8612 6208

Kind regards,
    Laura
  • Hi Kathryn,

I'm currently studying with Watson Martin Partnership (in partnership with Reed). They are based in Raynes Park in London - offer both distance learning and workshops in HR and L&D at all levels. Worth having a look at their website and giving them a call to discuss.
  • Sorry just noticed this is an old thread and Kathryn has probably already found a provider. I recommend Watson Martin to anyone currently looking for a provider though...